The history of the today´s world-wide successful group of companies dates to 1919, when near Leipzig “REMA – Richard Müller Elektroarmaturen” was founded. At that time, connection materials such as connection terminals and connection sleeves were produced for the progressive electrification of Germany. At the end of the 40s, the company moved to Bonn and subsequently traded under the name REMA Lipprandt GmbH & Co. KG.
Since June 2016, the REMA Group has had its headquarters in Rheinbach near Bonn. In addition to the administration and the development Centre, the company’s largest production facility is also located here. A further production facility is in Meiningen, Thuringia and final assembly and packaging work is also carried out in the branches in China and the USA.
Subsidiaries in South Carolina, USA and Shanghai, China offer our international customers on-site advice and support. In total, we employ around 250 people worldwide.
REMA EV Connections GmbH was founded in 2019 to meet the ever-increasing global opportunities within the e-mobility market. The company bundles all activities in the field of e-mobility and is the contact for customers from the automotive industry and infrastructure operators worldwide.